- Firm Wins Class Action Challenge in Published Opinion of the Court of Appeal
- Carol Gillam presents CLE program on workplace discrimination of LGBT individuals.
- Carol Gillam Named To The Best Lawyers In America
- Carol Gillam Trains Trial Lawyers
- Carol Gillam Named One of Top Labor and Employment Lawyers in California for 4th Consecutive Year
Jody Borrelli and Carol Gillam won reversal of a trial court's denial of their class certification motion. The published opinion issued August 14, 2014. The California Court of Appeal struck down defense attempts to defeat a class of limousine drivers employed by Ready to Roll, Inc. The employer secretly got drivers to sign releases and arbitration agreements. The appellate court ruled that the due process rights of the drivers were violated by the employer's and the trial court's actions. A national law publication, Law360, described the case:
Limo Drivers Get Another Shot At Cert. In OT Suit
Share us on: By Michael Lipkin
Law360, Los Angeles (August 15, 2014, 3:52 PM ET) -- A California appeals court on Thursday gave limousine drivers in a proposed overtime class action against Ready To Roll Transportation Inc. another chance at certification, ruling that a trial judge improperly considered sandbagged arbitration agreements in deciding the class was too small.